Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Singapore To Port Moresby

Very few of you will luckily enough never need to use the services of Papua New Guineas (PNG) national airline Air Niugini, notorious for its outrageous prices and delays. Knowing that the trip to my hometown of Lae in PNG was going to be a 30hr journey from Bangkok I was hoping that in the last 15 years since I had travelled with them, that their service had improved and there would be, especially, no delays. Unfortunately not. Two hrs late and we borded their newly leased aircraft, 2 days in service from Icelandic Air (yes I just checked and they actually have an airline. I was visitor number 467). I noticed that one third of one side of the plane had the seats tapped up like a crime scene and was trying to imagine why when the captain came on the speakers. 'Air Niugini wishes to apologise for the short delay due to two technical difficulties, one of which you can see has been fixed'. I waited for the rest of it, nothing more. Seats taped up? What problem did it solve and what was the technical difficulty that wasn't fixed? Well, hopefully I'll be asleep when the wing falls off and we crash on a tropical island full of mystery and hot woman and I'll know the ending of 'The Lost' before everyone else, or we crash on an icy plateau and I have to learn how to play football and eat my team mates. Then I relised that sleep would be compulsory with no inflight entertainment and a overhead light that didn't work.

7 comments:

ryanonthemove said...

So SABAH is closed ? Cool then, have fun in PNG...

vladimuir said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
vladimuir said...

Tony you enormous w**ker! Tell me how do you get into your parallel universe, it sounds good!

Unknown said...

shit the bed, you mean an extra 2 hours without a ciggy, must have been torture. so can you tell me where i can find something to shrink my head!!!!!!! what was the deleted comment???

Ross said...

Interesting, it's all along the lines of what I imagine it will be like when I make the trip at the end of the month! oh and yeah, what was the deleted comment??????

TonySabah said...

I think the coment was one I was posting but couldn't post for identity reasons or something so i abandoned it, first time i used this blogging stuff.

Reni said...

Tony, soo nice to hear from you. Didn't know you're such an funny, interresting writer. Now in Darwin - and after I sold my car I'm off. Need a hand in PNG? ;-)
Reportation: Im very good in doing 'stuff'...
Hope you get a lot out of the time there
love to you and Rong
reni

 
free web site stats