Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Catching Up

Had to finish off yesterdays 30hrs of travelling with a beer so headed down to the Yacht Club to grab a few handles of the local brew of South Pacific Lager with the old cheese and met some of his mates. Not many places to drink here with the clubs being the scene although the other options of the golf club and aviation club are probably a bit of the old fogie crowd. Wasn't game enough to put ice in the beer in-case I got run out of town.



Well today has just been a day of catching up with the Saking who is our house-mary (house keeper) who's been employed by my parents since before I was born and is basically my second mother. Planned out some of the work I have to do, like roofing and tiling so that my parents can sell up their property for there anticipated final move back to Australia for their retirement. I never lived in the house that they're in as they bought it after I finished working here and went to university in New Zealand. Its a classic 70's style house of around here and is very open (bar all the security screens) and has reasonably big grounds for being downtown, full of fruit trees. Mangos, rumbutans, manoas and loaloas (which we have in Thailand but the name escapes me). And it's quiet, no tuk tuks, mods on their bikes or sirens. Nice.



With the weekend fast approaching I paid a visit to my cousins to check out if they were going fishing, and of course they were like every weekend for the last 30 years so I'll be out chasing yellow fin tuna on Saturday or Sunday and will hopefully have some good pics, While I was down there checked out my cousins monster pickup.


He doesn't like to stop at road blocks.

3 comments:

Ross said...

I'm taking notes, keep it coming!

TonySabah said...

after i visited my uncles place yesterday afternoon they killed a rascal hundred meters or so away, not my cousins some angry linching mob or something, i'll here the story at the pub but probably an exageration

Unknown said...

can you get Vailima. The beer of westren samoa? can you please send me a recording of the sound of no tuk tuks, sirens or lady boys saying how much they love me?

 
free web site stats